Whether you’re actively looking for a job right now or not, getting on LinkedIn is a good idea in 2021.
Here are 6 reasons:
- Connects you with employment agencies, hiring managers and ‘headhunters’
- Showcases your experience, knowledge, etc.
- It’s a great research tool
- It’s a great job board
- It can be your ‘social media for work’
- Helps you follow people and companies of interest
_ _ _
1. Connects you with employment agencies, hiring managers and ‘headhunters’
Most Australian recruitment agencies use LinkedIn to verify details on resumes and CVs submitted by job applicants. As most of my clients know, I recommend keeping resumes nice and concise. But it’s the LinkedIn profile where you can expand a little on each of your past roles.
2. Showcases your experience, knowledge, etc.
Your LinkedIn profile allows you to include details about projects and teams you’ve worked in. This is something that you might not have space for in a typical resume.
3. It’s a great research tool
Once logged into LinkedIn, you can research companies, their people, and their hiring managers. Applying for a job today? Why not look up your possible future boss. What is their claimed experience and skills? Read their posts and note the posts they’ve liked.
4. It’s a great job board
Even if you continue to rely on Seek and Indeed to find new opportunities, LinkedIn carries opportunities not always published on Seek or other portals.
5. Your ‘work social media’
LinkedIn allows other members to recommend and endorse you for your experience and abilities.
6. Helps you follow people and companies of interest
You can use LinkedIn to follow companies and their people.